Support Engineer - Remote
Are you tired of the same routine, day in, day out… wake up, work, eat, rinse, repeat… yawn… dreaming of making a change, making a difference and doing something you enjoy from any beach in the world?
Stop dreaming about tomorrow, start making a difference today. Join our team and grow your skills while providing support & assistance for a fast growing and enthusiastic users base.
You’ll be working on various WordPress projects across Popup Maker & Ahoy!. We empower 300,000+ websites with tools for marketing and user experience enhancement.
The role will involve:
- Supporting our awesome users and customers to use the free and premium version of our plugin products.
- Hanging out in the WordPress.org forums & Facebook group – being massively friendly, helpful and useful.
- Assisting with and solving all manner of WordPress questions, with style!
- Using our documentation to understand how our plugins work. Referring plugin users to appropriate docs to address their support issues.
- Recommend updates to existing documentation based on plugin user input, or trends observed from support tickets.
- Coordinating with developers over bugs, features and cool new stuff.
- Being an active part of the Popup Maker team.
- Sharing anecdotes & sending awesome animated GIF.
- Location, that is unimportant, as long as you are available, enthusiastic, committed, passionate, and know your WordPress.
- Reach for the skies, we have a number of challenges and opportunities for those who aspire to do more!
- Love people and love yourself!
- Have a really good familiarity with how WordPress works.
- Proficient in PHP, the WordPress API (core functions), and CSS.
- Maintain a local testing environment with our free and premium plugins installed. This will help to understand expected plugin behavior, and aid in troubleshooting support issues.
- Along with amazingly great communication skills, ideally you’ll be a native English speaker (but we may be flexible on that).
- Are a great team player, keen on working in an expanding, motivated, distributed support team.
- Love impressive response times, typing speed (it matters) and the ability to really crank out good stuff.
- You will be provided with all of the tools, support, and backing you need to get the job done.
- Offer very attractive working conditions for the right candidate.
- Opportunities for travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Download the Support Task Sheet, answer those questions and then get your application in with the completed answers. That simple!
* If you don’t include the completed task sheet, we won’t assess your application