How To Submit a Guest Post to Popup Maker
Popup Maker accepts unpaid guest posts to be published on our blog. Please review the criteria for all guest posts below. If you have some topic ideas that you think will be a good fit, submit the form at the bottom of this page!
Please note: we do not accept paid links or paid posts under any circumstances.
Guest Post Criteria
- Content must be original, high-quality, and exclusive to the Popup Maker site.
- Content should focus more on being in-depth as opposed to being a high-level overview of a general topic
- The topic must fit into the topics our site is focused on: Email marketing, content marketing, or conversion optimization. You can see our recent posts over on our blog.
- Content must have at least 1,700 words.
- Must use headings.
- Title and headings should be in AP style.
- Must provide the "featured image" which is used on our blog archive page.
- Must make use of media (videos, images, embedded tweets, or anything beyond just text). There must be some form of media after every 300 to 500 words. The media must be connected to the surrounding text in some way.
- You must have licensing or permission to use any media you include. You can use creative commons media from sites such as Pexels or Pixabay, you can use any media you create, you can use media designed to be embedded (such as tweets or YouTube videos), or you can use any media that you have permission to use. You cannot include random images from other sites without correct licensing or permission.
- All advice is backed up with research and case studies that are cited (with links). Each statistic (e.g. 57% of site visitors...) must have a link to the source where you found that statistic. Sources you are linking to must not be more than 4 years old (i.e. no citing a stat about content marketing from a study 10 years ago. The internet has changed in 10 years so those stats are no longer valid).
- Contains at least five additional links to outside sources within the content of the post. The source links should be within the article and not at the end in a source list.
- No more than one link back to your site (which can be dofollow). The link back to your site must fit the flow of the content and should not be overly promotional.
- No more than 1 link to essay/writing services or reviews sites.
- Your article should have a reading level less than grade 10. A good way to test this is to copy and paste your content into hemingwayapp.com.
Here are a few of our blog posts that meet these criteria as an example:
General Publishing Information
Your article, if published, will not be marked as sponsored or as a guest article.
The one link back to your site will be dofollow when the content is posted and the article will be indexed by all search engines. We cannot guarantee that your backlink will exist and remain dofollow for all eternity but we have no immediate plans to change any of our dofollow links.
All of our guest posts on the site have dofollow links and will keep them for the foreseeable future.
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse to publish any content as well as edit, modify, adapt, update, republish any blog post at our sole and absolute discretion, including but not limited to, by inserting additional links, calls to action, and downloadable content.
Our Process for Guest Posts
Interested in having one of your articles published on our site? Here is the process:
- Submit the form below with your article topic ideas.
- If we like your topics, we'll pick the best one and ask you to submit a pitch for it.
- If your pitch is approved, you can begin drafting your post.
- Once your draft is ready for review, we'll review it and suggest edits as needed.
- When we approve your final draft, you can move it into our WordPress site.
- We'll put the finishing touches and schedule it.
- Then, we will email you the publish date.